Thursday, October 4, 2007

Lose weight with me?

OK...so my part time employer (the Navy) says I need to lose 25 lbs or so. I was thinking 30-35lbs.

Before my last business trip I signed up for membership with 24Hr Fitness. I got a pretty good deal for the first three years(works out to less than $20 per month prepaid) and $29 a year after that. Yes, that is $29 for the year. And at basically $19 per month for the first three years, paid up front, I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

Anyway...I got 6 trainer sessions with the deal too :)

So today I spent my first session with Megan. We went through all of the paperwork (medical history with liability waiver, exercise history, etc.) plus did measurements to see where I am. The goal I had decided on was the 30-35 lbs...

With the caliper test my BF% is about 23.5%. According to their numbers, I'm in the acceptable range. According to the Navy, that uses height, weight, and neck/waist measurements, I'm OBESE. I need to lose about 27 lbs to be at the max for height/weight. I think I like 24Hr Fitness's numbers better!

When asked what BF% I'd like to reach, I said somewhere in their "Fit" range. That would be 13-17% IIRC. So low balling it, 17% was listed as my BF% goal. Doing the math, that only works out to losing about 20Lbs. By those numbers, I'll be closer to 10% BF when I'm at my target.

So now the number crunching is done. Only 30 minutes of my 60 with the trainer are gone. I guess we'll have time to exercise a little after all! Off to the treadmill with a bit of an incline and 6mph to get warmed up, then over to the mat for abs!!! Go figure Sensei M decided to do 40 crunches instead of the regular 30 at karate 90 minutes later!!!

So who's with me?

1 comment:

Mama Lizard said...

I'm in. I'm not sure I need to lose much more weight, but I sure need to find the muscles that have been on extended hiatus for the last nearly nine years. :P